It is actually hard to believe that it has been over 2 months since I last blogged. Thing have been going crazy the past couple months (still is) and blogging has been on my to-do list everyday, but it just never got crossed off. However, in case anybody was wondering whether I was going to return, the answer is yes I haven’t left yet. Remember how I hate leaving unfinished business? I hate the thought of this blog becoming another of numerous blogs that are left abandoned without good bye. Prior to starting a blog, I thought very hard about this and decided the I wouldn’t just let it die, at least not without a proper closure.
I recently started medical school at Rosalind Franklin University in North Chicago, IL. Things are already really busy (I should really be studying right now) and will continue to be for years to come. Would I be able to keep having interesting adventures for this blog? If yes, would I have time to blog about them? After all, during the past 2 months, I was trying so hard and going on so many adventures that I kind of didn’t have time to blog about them. I considered properly closing down the blog in pursuit of a bigger season in my life, but I decided against it. I still have lots of ideas and many adventures are still out there. I promise to write at least 1 post per week, no matter how short. I suspect the quality of my writing or my stories might depreciate as I get busier with school, and I apologize for that in advance. But hopefully in the midst of many lackluster posts you might find a small gem once in a while.
Right now I don’t have the time to tell you about all the adventures I’ve had in the past 2 months, so I’ll list a few bullet points here. Perhaps later I’ll get around to some of these stories.
- 6/25/2014 – I went to The Piano Guys concert at Pantages Theater. It is quite unlike me to spend lots of money on concerts, but the Tookish side of me took me there.
- 6/26/2014 – Unfinished business. I took a couple of 후배s (Korean word to describe people who were your underclassmen in school) to dinner. It had been ~1 year since I had promised them dinner.
- 7/11/2014 – I went deep sea fishing again. This time overnight on a full moon. I caught a fish.
- 7/19/2014 – Saw Shakespeare at the park at Griffith Park with friends. Twelfth Night.
- 7/20/2014 – Fun DIY project of painting my old keyboard. Lesson of grace somehow learned in the process.
- 7/25~7/30/2014 – Drove to Portland, Seattle, Palo Alto, and back. A couple thousand miles driven, 1 wedding attended, a dozen wild blackberries picked, 2.5 audiobooks of The Hunger Games listened to, and 16 old friends met.
- 8/2/2014 – Friend’s birthday party at Huntington Beach. Lots of shenanigans.
- 8/5/2014 – Last day of work (teaching test prep).
- 8/6~now – Driving to Illinois, getting my first speeding ticket, living by myself, settling into an apartment, spending much money, meeting old friends in this foreign land, finding a church, white coat ceremony, starting med school, and already making new friends.
- 8/17/2014 – New record broken: 2 months without being late. Punishment still to be bestowed.